Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Here's the latest...

The hospital has kindly asked our agency to stop calling for updates, they will call when she can be released. I have found out they are waiting for bilirubin lab results. I'm assuming the results came in yesterday and they didn't like them so they had to do it again today. Can't they just send us home with a lamp or something??? I WANT MY BABY!!!!! This is exactly why if I ever get pregnant I am doing a home birth.

So that is all we know and all we will know until the hospital calls. This is just killing us. Jon has now taken off two days of work, right at the beginning of the school year and we still don't have our baby. 3 hours till the social worker goes home, and we have to wait another day. I really thought hospitals want babies released quickly (especially ones that aren't paying to be there), this is already day 4!

2 comments:

The Butler Family said...

As hard as it is not to have your baby, letting her lay under the bili lights at the hospital is much more effective than having a light at home... especially if her levels are very high. We had to have a light at home for Emma and it was really hard. I worried about her constantly because her levels weren't going down as quickly as they had been in the hospital.

Robyn said...

I LOVE her nursery!! This will be such a blessing to your family!